Morning Walks for Improving Emotional State
Without any doubts, it is impossible to imagine a truly healthy person who neglects physical exercises, allows himself to gain weight and leads a sedentary lifestyle. Movement is life, and physical activity allows us to maintain well-being even at a very respectable age.
The easiest and most accessible way to strengthen your health is to make morning walks. Their optimum frequency is every day, then they become a habit, and you are no longer lying in bed, unable to part with a blanket, but get up cheerfully, take a shower and go outside.
Most people have completely forgotten how to rejoice in the morning, they associate it exclusively with the hassle, haste, and transport. Meanwhile, in the morning it is most useful to walk because during the night the air is cleared of harmful substances emitted by factories and vehicles. In addition, getting up early to walk half an hour or an hour, you save yourself from a bad mood. It is in the morning that you can enjoy the gentle spring dawn, the bright summer sun, the transparent air of autumn or the sparkling winter landscape. The charge of positive and energy provided by morning walks helps to fight depression and chronic fatigue. Remember, when was the last time when your goal was just to walk, and not to run from one building to another, from car to cafe, etc.? Regular walks bring harmony back to our life.
Morning walks are available to everyone because they are completely free, don’t require any equipment, and they can be done almost anywhere in the world.
Morning Walks for Strengthening Health
In addition to improving the emotional state, morning walks have a significant positive effect on many systems of the organism. Forty minutes of intense walking compete with jogging in terms of efficiency, while not having its drawbacks, such as the potential harm to the knee joints and excessive stress on the heart for untrained people. Morning walks more than twice reduce the risk of diabetes, are effective in combating hypertension, atherosclerosis and elevated cholesterol levels. People who conduct regular morning walks are much less likely to suffer from cardiovascular diseases. Walking at a brisk pace is a great way to lose weight, deprived of traumatism of running.
Morning walks strengthen the immune system, increase the body’s resistance to infections, read here thanks to the elimination of blood stagnation in the pelvic region, improve the health of hair and skin, increase lung volume and are good prevention of arthritis and other diseases of the musculoskeletal system developing in old age.
It is worth noting that energetic walking helps to improve cerebral blood flow. Due to this, a person sleeps better, his memory improves, the likelihood of stroke, Alzheimer’s disease, cervical osteochondrosis and other unpleasant conditions associated with poor blood supply to the head decreases.
How To Walk Properly?
In order for walks to have the best effect, you should follow a few rules:
- Choose a comfortable pace for yourself, such as not to choke, but fast enough. You should not just walk imposingly, but exercise.
- Don’t carry anything heavy, especially in one hand. If you can’t do without it, choose a convenient backpack.
- Try to choose clean places for your walks, such as a park or a quiet street. There is no use in walking on a noisy highway, inbreathing exhaust gases.
- Don’t go for a walk if you feel bad, especially have a high temperature.
- The optimal heart rate while walking is 65-80 heartbeats per minute. At lower values, exercise is ineffective, and at higher values, the heart load is too great, especially if you have a poor physical condition.
- If you want to give yourself an extra load, pay attention to the hilly terrain. Walking uphill strengthens the muscles of the whole body, not only the legs.
- Dress comfortably and according to the weather, in hot weather don’t forget about water and a hat.
- It is recommended to have a light breakfast before a walk.