The Rat Race
Many of us are stuck in an unhealthy routine. We get up early each morning. We hurry off to work, and if we’re lucky we grab a bite to eat as we dash out the door. Once there, we rush to finish more assignments than one person can handle and work through lunch so we can leave the office before dark. When we finally get home, we’re so very tired. We eat what we can, watch a little TV, and then hit the sack so we can get up and start all over the next day. The last thing we have time for is health and exercise.
With today’s demands, who has time to even think about a healthy lifestyle and exercise? The answer is YOU! Your success depends on it.
Why is Healthy Living So Important?
The answer is simple: Healthy living is successful living. In order for life to be called a healthy lifestyle, you must improve your health performance, and this factor requires you to include a vegan supplements and proper diet. For starters, data shows how much better life is for people who exercise, get enough sleep, and eat the right foods. They live longer, they’re happier, and they enjoy greater success. So, what is it about a healthy lifestyle and fitness that leads to such good outcomes?
To find out, let’s take a look at two critical factors for healthy living: Exercise and Diet.
Regular exercise has been shown to lower blood pressure, reduce weight, improve sleep habits, and increase energy levels. Contrary to what many think, you don’t have to go fitness crazy to get the necessary amount of exercise. According to the Mayo Clinic, the average adult needs 150 minutes of moderate exercise a week. That translates into between 21 and 22 minutes of brisk walking each day for seven days, or about an hour of walking each day if you walk just three days a week.
So, how could such a relatively small amount of exercise help you be happier and achieve greater success in life?
- Blood Pressure: For starters, exercise helps reduce stress and maintain healthy blood pressure. You’ll be better able to weather life’s storms, whether it’s board-room stress, the race to get the kids to ten places at once, or those other little unexpected emergencies life throws at us. And even more importantly, you’ll lower your risk for heart attack or stroke.
- Weight: Exercise helps you maintain a healthy weight. You’ll feel better walking to that meeting down the street, which means you’ll be more focused and productive once you get there. Weekend hikes won’t seem as long or tiring, and you may find yourself enjoying the great outdoors like you haven’t in quite some time.
- Sleep: You’ll find yourself sleeping better at night and waking more refreshed. You’ll probably say goodbye to that 2 o’clock afternoon malaise that often hits right after lunch, and you’ll feel more energized and focused throughout entire the day.
A healthy diet is a key to healthy living. Eating right helps maintains a healthy weight, lowers heart disease-causing cholesterol and triglycerides, and generates more energy.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, healthy eating means:
- Consuming fruits, whole grains, vegetables, and fat-free or low-fat milk.
- Eating lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, and eggs and nuts in moderation.
- Eating foods low in saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, salt, and added sugar.
- Staying within a reasonable daily calorie count.
The good news: You needn’t give up your favorite “bad” foods entirely. Just eat them less often, in smaller portions, or in lower calorie/lower fat versions.
Healthy eating will make you more successful because:
- You’ll have more energy to tackle challenges at work and at home.
- Your skin will look better – you may even look a bit younger!
- You’ll keep that healthy weight that makes all of life more enjoyable.
- You’ll find that you’re sick less frequently, meaning less down time and fewer medications.
So Now You Know
You can see how healthy living can make you more successful at work, home, and elsewhere. What are you waiting for? It’s not that hard. Go forth and be healthy!
Jump to top