What are some of the pros and cons of working for an essay company? The following article will briefly answer this question.
There are many quite diverse options for freelance writers who seek well-paid employment on the internet. One of them is essay writing which can be pursued either on individual basis or organized through one of many online writing companies.
The latter possibility appears to be more convenient because employed writers don’t have to search for customers themselves and can save time on marketing their own services. There are, however, some controversies around contract essay writing. The following article will briefly discuss some of the advantages and disadvantages of writing for essay firms.
Pros of Writing for an Online Essay Company
- Development of skills and knowledge – writers are obliged to continuously improve their academic writing skills as well as knowledge in chosen areas of expertise. Professional development is necessary for promotion within the company and obtaining privileges such as the possibility to work on several orders at once, exclusive right to specific clients, and the possibility to take orders immediately. In the long run, writers learn to work independently; they also become experienced and qualified.
- Feedback – writing an essay is different from other forms of writing. In order to have their work accepted, writers must follow instructions very closely and, basically, create original and high-quality products. Essay writing doesn’t seek popularity and it’s not supposed to stir any discussion. It must meet previously established criteria and satisfy the particular customer. That’s why freelance writers employed by companies where the student can buy essays can count on feedback from both customers and administration team.
- High pay-rates – essay writing can turn out to be one of the most productive ways of making money in the writing industry. Payments per page start from 4$ to even 60$ and more. All depends on the academic level requested by the client, the overall number of pages, as well as the number of sources required and, to an extent, the area of research – humanities and social sciences, are usually not as prolific as the economy, law or computer science.
Cons of Writing for an Online Essay Company
- Stress – many assignments, if not all, will have to be completed on a very short time notice. Writers who fail to follow instructions out of lack of resources, access to the internet or request deadline extensions will usually be penalized by their company. Before applying for a particular order, writers must make sure they will be able to do a good and timely job on it. Even though not all technical issues can be foreseen, penalties will be inevitable.
- Plagiarism controversy – while most companies advertise themselves as providing “academic assistance” or “model answers”, in the writer’s panel there is always a number of orders that are supposed to be submitted by clients as their own. Often, it’s difficult to estimate the actual designation of a given assignment. Writers must be very cautious so they don’t ghost-write instead of providing academic help.
- Irregular income – the number of orders available for writers will be varying according to academic seasons; it will also be varying from company to company. There can be a diversity of assignments to choose from one week and almost none another. Therefore, though pay-rates tend to be relatively high, freelance writers cannot count on making particular money within a set time-frame.
Freelance writers must take several factors into consideration before they start working with any essay company. Depending on career priorities the option of essay writing can be undertaken either as temporary or full-time employment. There are many online freelance writers’ forums which can be useful for further advice and more specific guidelines on the subject-matter.