Choosing the right wedding invitations is an important part of planning your nuptials. The invitations set the tone for your big day and give your guests a sneak peek of what’s to come. In this guide, we will walk you through the process of picking the perfect invitations to a wedding, from start to finish.
Pick the right wedding invitations: Step-by-Step Guide
Set a budget
Before you begin shopping for invitations, it’s important to set a budget. Wedding invitations can range in price from very affordable to very expensive, so it’s important to know how much you can spend.
Choose a style
Wedding invitations come in a variety of styles, from traditional to modern. Think about the overall style of your wedding and choose invitations that match.
Pick a color scheme
Your wedding invitations should coordinate with your wedding’s color scheme. Choose colors that complement each other and match the overall theme of your wedding.
Select a layout
Wedding invitations come in a variety of layouts, from classic to contemporary. Choose a layout that fits your style and the overall look of your wedding.
Personalize your invitations
Personalize your invitations by adding your name, wedding date, and location. Be sure to proofread the invitations before ordering to ensure that all the details are correct.
Before placing your final order, order samples of the save-the-date magnets or wedding invitations you are interested in. This will give you a chance to see and feel the invitations in person and make any necessary changes.
Place your order
Once you have reviewed and approved the samples, place your order for the invitations. Be sure to order enough invitations to account for any mistakes or additional guests.
Picking Wedding invitations for your Nuptials: what to avoid
When picking wedding invitations online, it’s important to avoid the following:
- Cheap, flimsy materials: Make sure the invitations are made from high-quality paper or cardstock.
- Poor design and layout: Avoid invitations that look cluttered or unprofessional. Look for invitations with clean and elegant designs.
- Hidden costs: Be wary of invitations that seem too good to be true, as they may come with hidden costs such as additional fees for printing or shipping.
- Non-customizable options: Many online invitation providers offer pre-designed templates that cannot be customized. Look for providers that allow you to fully customize your invitations to match your wedding’s theme and style.
- Not reading reviews: Before making a purchase, read customer reviews to get an idea of the quality of the invitations and the level of customer service provided by the seller.
Picking Wedding invitations for your Nuptials: what to keep in mind
When picking wedding invitations online, it’s also important to keep in mind the following:
- Check the turnaround time: Ensure that the invitations will be printed and shipped in time for your wedding.
- Check the shipping cost: Some providers may offer free shipping, while others may charge a fee. Compare costs to find the best deal.
- Check the sample policy: Some providers may offer free samples, while others may charge a fee. Compare costs and policies to find the best deal.
- Check the return policy: In case you are not happy with the product, check the return policy and ensure that it’s easy to return or exchange the invitations.
- Check the proofreading: Make sure that you or someone you trust proofreads the invitations before they’re printed to catch any typos or errors.
Besides these, there are several other considerations that you should take note of. It is always important to go with the customizable options because you can add photos, and edit the details, colors, text, and background as needed.
How many wedding invitations should I order?
It’s a good idea to order extra invitations, typically about 10-15% more than the number of guests you expect. This will allow for any mistakes or additional guests.
How early should I send out my wedding invitations?
It’s best to send out your wedding invitations about 6-8 weeks before the wedding. This will give your guests ample time to RSVP and make any necessary travel arrangements.
Can I include registry information in my wedding invitations?
It is not considered proper etiquette to include registry information in your wedding invitations. It’s best to include registry information on your wedding website or word of mouth.
Choosing the right wedding invitations is an important part of planning your nuptials. By setting a budget, choosing a style, picking a color scheme, selecting a layout, personalizing your invitations, ordering samples, and placing your order, you can pick the perfect wedding invitations for your big day. Remember to order extra invitations, send them out about 6-8 weeks before the wedding, and do not include registry information in the invitation.