Many users forget their password of windows login if their login is not synchronized with the Outlook account. If you are unsure about the password of your Windows login, here is the tutorial to reset the password of any user in windows. But for this, make it sure that you have to log in with Administrator user account. Only then you can reset the password of any other user or account. If your Windows has the only single user account, then you are in trouble to reset your password, but if, you are using your name as the user account and has never used Administrator user account then it could be the life saver for you. Read below to reset the user password in Windows 10.
For instance, you have two user accounts on your Windows, and both have the Administrator rights then it’s easy to get your password reset. How to get your Administrator account active? Let us assume that you are logged in with an Administrator account or any account with administrator rights.
How to reset the user password in Windows 10
To reset the user password in Windows 10, please follow the following steps:
- Right click on your start button at the left bottom of the screen, a menu will appear and select Computer Management
2. A new window box will appear, click on Local Users and Groups in the left pane.
3. In the middle pane, double click on Users folder to open it.
4. In the Users folder, there will be the list of all the users registered on the PC. Then select and right click on the username you want to reset the password. A menu will appear, click on Set Password…
5. A prompt will appear asking for the confirmation to proceed to reset the password of the selected user. Click on Proceed to move forward to the next step.
6. A popup box will popup with 2 password input fields, just fill the new password twice and the password will be reset even without entering the old password. Enter the same passwords in the both data fields.
7. When you click okay after inputting the new password, a prompt will appear with the message ” The password has been set.” Bingo !!!! The new password for the selected user has been set now you can use this new password to login on your Windows.
If you are unable to reset the user password in Windows 10 in your PC, then please leave a comment below to get in touch with you. If you find this article helpful then must share it with your friends to help them. This tutorial is only for the educational purpose to help others, not for any kind of hacking or malicious purposes.